~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review: NARS Blushes

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I had a request from Meri to review my NARS blush collection. Pretty much everybody knows NARS’ fame for their blushes. Their most famous shade – Orgasm – I swapped away because it didn’t really show up on my skin. I also use to have Torrid, but I found that to be a little too much for me even with a light hand. I prefer Deep Throat =] Ok… on with my current collection…

NARS

I used a SLR to take these, and not my usual digital camera, so the colour is is pretty true. =]

Some swatches…

IMG_1838 From left to right: Deep Throat, Luster, Oasis, Outlaw, Dolce Vita, Sin

Blended the swatches out a bit… so this is closer to what it would look like on the cheek…

IMG_1839

Dolce Vita and Sin had too much product packed on, so I couldn’t blend it out too much.

Colour descriptions from Sephora:

Deep Throat: Peach with shimmer (I find that it’s more pink than it is peach)
Luster: Sheer golden apricot
Oasis: Sparkling pink champagne
Outlaw: Rose with shimmer
Dolce Vita: Dusty rose
Sin: Berry with gold shimmer

I find that Dolce Vita is the most pigmented of the 6. It’s also the only one that has no shimmer in it. 1 or 2 dips into the pan with a blush brush or MAC 187 is ALL you need. Anymore… my cheeks look RED… lol

The staying power of these blushes are awesome. They last ALL day. I also like to layer my blushes. In a few of my FOTD’s, I would put Luster on first for a brown undertone, and then put a pink on top, like Deep Throat. My favourites from the bunch would have to be Sin and Oasis. In the pan, Oasis looks very intimidating because the glitter looks very chunky, and I don’t like the look of chunky glitters anywhere on my face. (Reason why I don’t like Urban Decay’s e/s!) However, with a light touch, they are hardly noticeable =]

ALL of NARS blushes are VERY pigmented and the texture is SO smooth. A little goes a long way. I honestly have NOTHING negative to say about NARS blushes… NOTHING… Can I give these blushes a 10 out of 5? haha

I can really use some more. I really want to get Madly, Lovejoy, and Zen. NARS blushes retail for $25 US ($29 CDN – about $32 after tax). The quality of these blushes are totally worth the steep price. They are must have in anyone’s makeup collection!

What are your favourite NARS blush shade(s)?

10 comments:

MiuMiu said...

luster looks sooooooo pretty!!!!! so i've been missing out! i'm guessing they're quite pigmented..but they don't make your cheeks look over done do they? i might have to get one if that's the case ;)

Cathy said...

@MiuMiu ... yessss NARS blushes... must have!!! They don't make you look overdone at all. One thing I forgot to mention is that it's very buildable, with a light hand. Start with dipping your brush in once, if you want more intensity, dip it again. =]

Anonymous said...

Thank u so much !! All the colors look so pretty. Start now,I should collect all blushers from NARS :p
Btw Orgasm and other shimmery blusher , is it very shimmery ? I'm afraid it's too much.

Cathy said...

The shimmery ones aren't too much. I love them. I haven't tried super orgasm though, so I can't say much about the glitter in that one.

Anonymous said...

Wow, a lot of NARS blushes! I've already heard a lot of raves about it. Wish to get one some time too. ;)

Bijin Blair said...

Deep Throat looks wonderful! You're such an enabler ;p

Lynnie said...

i love luster! its so pretty! i love NARS the multiple too!

Babybubblz said...

thanks for the swatches!

roxyfoxy said...

hi.. loooove your nars blushes.. i only have douceur, and it it's pretty good.. for me at least.. i like deep throat.. ive been lemming for that nowadays.. and that's my fave!

Unknown said...

Easily, the publish is really the greatest on this laudable topic. I concur with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantastic lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Solid work and much success in your business enterprise! Easily, the publish is really the greatest on this laudable topic. I concur with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantastic lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Solid work and much success in your business enterprise!
Argan Oil