~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mascara Review/Comparison - Dior Mascaras

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dior is one of my favourite make up brands. It's quite pricy, but the quality is great. Me likey =]Lucky for me, I don't have the stereotypical asian lashes - short and straight. Mine are 'ok'. Not long, not short, and not totally straight. If you lovely ladies read my reviews on drugstore mascara, you'd know I always go for the waterproof versions. <^_^>


I really wanted to love Iconic, but it just didn't work that well on me. It's probably because I had high expectations for it. This mascara promises to lift, curl, separate, volume, and lengthen your lashes. Who can ask for more right? I love how this has a slight shiny finish to it. It doesn't dry matte. But for me, this was only an ok mascara, so I probably won't be purchasing it again. This definately separated and volumized my lashes, but it didn't do such a good job with lengthening or curling it. When I used it without an eyelash curler, Iconic didn't really add much curl. For the price - $27 USD ($34 CAD), I really did expect more from this mascara. The hype around this mascara is crazy, but it just doesn't work as well as I thought it would. Have you tried this mascara? How do you like it?


Dior Blackout - From Dior's line of mascaras, this one is my least favourite. It has kohl pigments in it to give you that super black dramatic look, great for a smokey eye. However, I don't like the brush. There is too much product in between the big spaces in between the bristles. It's probably because the brush that my lashes seemed to clump together. I get better results when I use a tissue to take the excess off, and it really does volumize. I don't like 'extra' work, and I feel like it's such a waste of product. I think I will like this a lot more if they changed the brush to something that is more dense. It's not like I will finish the tube in 3 months anyway, but I still feel like I'm wasting. Blackout also didn't really hold my curl, nor did it really lengthen my lashes. You'll probably *love* this mascara if you already have long lashes.



DiorShow & DiorShow Unlimited - my loves. I have to review these to together. I find the formulas of these two very similar - buildable and light. It keeps my curl, and there is absolutely no smudging. The only difference aside from the brush sizes is DiorShow is more volumizing and Unlimited is more lengthening. I often layer these 2 on top of each other for a more dramatic effect. These mascaras can be used for the natural look, and can easily be built up to add drama - with no clumping! *I love*



The huge brush that comes with DiorShow takes abit of getting use to, but once you get use to it, I guarantee you'll love it! The Unlimited brush is heaven. It's tiny and can easily reach hard to reach lashes, so every single lash is coated. I love the duel sizing too! I use the longer bristles on my top lashes, and the short bristles on my lower lashes.



I would definately repurchase these 2. But if I were to choose 1, I'd go with Unlimited because it gives me longer lashes and the brush is uh-mazing! Also, L'Oreal's Voluminous gives me a similar effect to the original DiorShow, for about 1/4 of the price!



Tried Dior's mascaras? What do you think of them? Love it? Hate it?



---------------------------------



4 comments:

paperdollrevenge said...

Nice post! Dior was the first non-drugstore makeup brand I used! But I never got into their mascara...I think I tried Blackout and I wasn't impressed...so far I've been pretty happy with Lancome Virtuose.

You're so lucky you don't have Asian stick straight lashes!

Cathy said...

Yes, I consider myself lucky. lol

Dior was also the first non-drugstore mascara I've used as well! I tried the original DiorShow first and I *loved* it, and decided to try the newer ones. I was disappointed.

Jamilla Camel said...

Diorshow all the way!!! I like the Iconic second best, for lengthening, but only the inner corner lashes are short and droopy--my outer ones are pretty long and curled, so I guess I'm half and half on the Asian lash department!

fuzkittie said...

Hahaha, I love ALL Dior mascaras.. but I can't really talk because my lashes are pretty okay to begin with...

I never really tasted mascaras ability to actually "curl" straight uncurled lashes, that's very interesting. I wonder if anyone ACTUALLY always use mascara without curling their lashes first?! xD

I LOVE the unlimited!! So easy to use.