~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drugstore Mascara Review/Comparison Part 2

Friday, February 27, 2009

Whoohoo!! Weekend is finally here. My crazy week is over, and I can finally get some sleep =]
Checker out part 1 if you haven't already >^_^<

*L'oreal*

Double Extension Beauty Tubes
Volume: 2/5
Lengthening: 3/5
Curl: 0/5
Smudge: 0/5
Clumping: 2/5
Repurchase: No
For the price of this mascara, I expected more. It slightly lengthens, and does add a little volume. The secret with this mascara is not to let the primer dry before you layer on the mascara. The problem I have with this is that it doesn't keep the curl. My lashes are straight after applying this, and I have to go back and recurl them. For the price, it's not worth it.





Panoramic Curl

Volume: 2/5
Lengthening: 3/5
Curl: 4/5
Smudge: 0/5
Clumping: 0/5
Repurchase: Yes



This mascara is decent. It only adds slight volume and length. Nothing too dramatic. Overall, this isn't a bad mascara.



Volume Shocking
Volume: 2/5
Lengthening: 1/5
Curl: 0/5
Smudge: 1/5
Clumping: 4/5
Repurchase: No
This mascara SUCKS. It doesn't volumize despite its 'volume shocking' name. The packaging is huge. It totally uncurled my lashes. The formula feels very thick and heavy. Even after blotting the excess mascara off the wand before application, this stuff still clumps. Don't let the name fool you like it did me... all this will give you is clumpy, straight lashes... GROSS.


Voluminous

Volume: 5/5
Lengthening: 3/5
Curl: 5/5
Smudge: 0/5
Clumping: 0/5
Repurchase: FOR SURE!!!

This is hands down *the best* drug store mascara I've ever tried. It deserves a HG status for me. =] It's my 'go to' mascara. I always come back to it. The formula is so smooth and light. *Loveliness* XD The thing I find with this mascara is that when it is new, it's a little 'watery', and it gets creamier after a couple uses. This is comparable to the infamous DiorShow mascara, but for the fraction of the cost. I've repurchased this many times. They better not discontinue the mascara.

Stay tuned for my reviews on higher end mascaras!

I'm curious to know what your favorite drugstore mascaras are. *Smiles*

---------------------------------

0 comments: