~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oscar's Hits & Misses

Monday, February 23, 2009

Taking a look back to Sunday's 81st Acadamy Awards, there were many unforgettable outfits, and many that made me say "What were you thinking?" To start off, I have to say I loved the theme and the stage set with the Swarovski crystal curtain. It was oh so pretty! Here's my picks on the Hits & Misses


*Misses*

Mickey Rourke
I really have no comment about this one... haha
Miley Cyrus
She looks like she came from the marines. Scaley....
Sophia Loren
Flashback to the '70's/'80's! Way too many frills going on, and she had WAY to much make up on. With that said, Sophia still looks GORGEOUS at age 74!
Jessica Biel
The draping at the front is just ugly. Not to mention the hair...
Tilda Swinton
The colours don't look flattering on her. It makes her look even paler.

Heidi Klum
Very architectural, but this dresses definately doesn't showcase her supermodel body.
Bridge Fonda
The cut is not flattering. And the fabric... Table cloth!!
Beyonce
Beautiful hourglass figure... but the dress?? It screams CURTAINS!
Amanda Seyfriend
Is it just me, or does she look like a Christmas present?


*HITS*

Sarah Jessica Parker wearing Dior Haute Couture
The detailing at the top is absolutely beautiful, although I thought her boobs were going to fall out.. haha. Classical princess dress. Not a huge fan of her hair though.
Natalie Portman
Not many can pull off this bubblegum pink colour. She kept it simple, and she looks gorgeous in it.

Even Rachel Woods wearing Elie Saab
The colour is not very flattering on her pail skin. But I put dress in the *hits* because the dress itself is absolutely gorgeous. I love the detailing. I think this dress would look dazzling on her if it was in another colour... perhaps green, or red?
Taraji Henson wearing Cavalli
Stunning... the dress, the hair, the necklace and a pop of colour with the clutch. She looks flawless.

Vanessa Hudson wearing Marchesa
I'm not a huge fan of mermaid dresses... but Vanessa looks stunning in this dress.

Penelope Cruz wearing Vintage Balmain gown
As always, Cruz looks fab. Loving the detailing on the bottom!

Kate Winslet wearing Yves Saint Laurent
This asymmetrical cut & detailing looks very classy on her.

Marisa Tomei wearing Versace
I leave the best for last. My favourite dress of the evening. The intricate pleating is drop dead gorgeous!

Images courtesy of Dose.ca & Yahoo Movies

What were your hits and misses?

2 comments:

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

I totally agree with your hit list! Thanks for the comment on my nails.. unfortunately I buy those nail colours at my locak drug stores. I heard you can buy Canmake nail colours online -you should try maybe, ebay? sorry im not too much help on that >_<

April Maria said...

Hey babe! Thanks for following my blog & I look forward to yours. I thought Natalie Portman & Kate Winslet looked absolutely gorgeous- I just love how classy those two are! Anyways, take care XOXO